This printed article is located at http://investor.cdlht.com//ir_policy.html
Investor Relations Policy
CDL Hospitality Trusts (“CDLHT”) is a stapled group comprising CDL Hospitality Real Estate Investment Trust (“H-REIT”), a real estate investment trust, and CDL Hospitality Business Trust (“HBT”), a business trust. M&C REIT Management Limited, as manager of H-REIT (the “H-REIT Manager”) and M&C Business Trust Management Limited, as trustee-manager of HBT (the “HBT Trustee-Manager”, and together with the H-REIT Manager, the “Managers”), are committed to engaging the Group’s stapled security holders (“Stapled Securityholders”) through regular, effective and fair communication, in accordance with listing rules of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (“SGX-ST”), the Code of Corporate Governance 2018 and current best practices.
The Investor Relations (“IR”) department serves as an intermediary between the Managers and Stapled Securityholders, the investment community and the media. Through effective information disclosure and dialogue, the Managers aim to further enhance CDLHT’s corporate transparency and maintain the trust of CDLHT’s stakeholders. In this IR Policy, references to the investment community include CDLHT's potential investors as well as analysts who review CDLHT's performance.
- CDLHT’s IR Policy outlines the principles and framework for the Managers to provide IR stakeholders with balanced, clear and pertinent information on matters pertaining to and/or affecting CDLHT, H-REIT and its subsidiaries and HBT and its subsidiaries (the “Group”).
- In the conduct of its IR activities, the Managers will comply with all applicable securities laws and regulations.
- All material information relating to CDLHT will be disclosed in an accurate and timely manner through SGXNET. All disclosures submitted to SGX-ST through SGXNET shall also be made available on CDLHT’s website (www.cdlht.com).
- Should there be any inadvertent disclosure of material information to a select group, the Managers shall ensure that the same information is disclosed publicly to all Stapled Securityholders as promptly as possible, through SGXNET and on CDLHT’s website.
- This Policy is subject to regular review by the IR Department and approval by the Board of Directors of the Managers (the “Boards”).
- The Managers will communicate only through designated spokespersons who will establish and maintain regular dialogue with Stapled Securityholders to solicit and understand their views, as well as respond to queries from members of the investment community or media.
- Employees of the Managers who are not authorised spokespersons must not respond under any circumstances to inquiries from the investment community or media, unless specifically authorised by designated senior spokespersons. Any inquiry received should be directed to the IR Department.
- The Managers do not respond to rumours or market speculation. However, if rumours indicate that material information may have been leaked or where there are unusual market or trading activities that could be attributable to such rumours or market speculation, clarifications will be made promptly through announcements via SGXNET.
- The Managers will provide reasonable access for analysts and the media to allow them to formulate informed opinions of CDLHT and its developments, but will not seek to influence those opinions.
- The Managers observe a “closed period” or “blackout period” of two weeks before the date of announcement of CDLHT’s quarterly financial results and one month before the date of announcement of CDLHT’s full-year financial results. During such periods, the Managers do not comment on industry outlook nor on the Group’s business performance and financial results prior to the announcement of CDLHT’s financial results.
Communication with Stapled Securityholders and Investment Community